Lessons for the fall 2011 semester of Dancing Classrooms Pittsburgh are complete, and schools have held their culminating events.
And now, let the competition begin.
Each school has selected their six couples, and the young ballroom dancers are practicing as we speak (or read) for the upcoming Colors of the Rainbow team match.
Here are the team colors, selected randomly, for the January 7 competition:
- Red – Pittsburgh West Liberty K-5
- Orange – Pittsburgh Montessori K-8
- Yellow – Pittsburgh Lincoln
- Green – Pittsburgh Miller
- Emerald – St. Benedict the Moor School
- Blue – Pittsburgh Spring Hill K-5
- Indigo – Pittsburgh Sunnyside K-8
- Purple – Pittsburgh Weil
- Magenta – Sister Thea Bowman
We look forward to seeing you at Pittsburgh Allderdice High School in Squirrel Hill on January 7. Starting time is 10 a.m., and the program will end by 12:15 p.m.
Admission is free, so bring your friends and show your colors. Our dancers appreciate your support.
For more information, contact Mark Rogalsky, site director for Dancing Classrooms Pittsburgh, at 412.320.2321.