The Colors of the Rainbow semifinal team match for the fall 2012 semester of Dancing Classrooms Pittsburgh will take place on Saturday, December 15 from 10 a.m. until noon. The event is free and open to the public and will be held in the auditorium of Pittsburgh Allderdice High School, 2409 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15217.
Fifth graders from these nine elementary schools will compete for a chance to advance to the finals:
- Pittsburgh Carmalt PreK-8: Team Purple
- Pittsburgh Concord K-5: Team Blue
- Pittsburgh Langley K-8: Team Maroon
- Pittsburgh Lincoln PreK-5: Team Yellow
- Pittsburgh Montessori Pre-K-8: Team Orange
- Pittsburgh Roosevelt PreK-5: Team Green
- Pittsburgh Sunnyside K-8: Team Indigo
- Pittsburgh West Liberty K-5: Team Red
- Sister Thea Bowman PreK-8 Catholic Academy: Team Magenta
Mr. Terry Sweeney, Dancing Classrooms teaching artist, will serve as master of ceremonies.
Watch for updates as the semester comes to a close and schools host culminating events for parents, teachers, and fellow students.