To find out how to bring Dancing Classrooms Pittsburgh to your school or to set up an appointment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mark Rogalsky at 412.320.2321.
Program requirements and details:
- One Dancing Classrooms course consists of a total of 20 lessons, taught two days a week for 10 weeks at your school.
- All fifth-grade children within your school are included. No prerequisites or previous dance experience is needed. Lessons are conducted in English. Teachers are encouraged to participate.
- Physical requirements: We need a clean, well-lit space with optimum dimensions of 30′ x 40,’ cleared of all desks, chairs and objects. A gym or auditorium stage is ideal. The space should be quiet, contained and away from foot traffic. It is best if the floor is hard wood or masonite/linoleum; no carpeting. A boom box with speakers sufficient to fill the space and an electrical outlet is required. An extension cord may also be necessary.
- We encourage you to hold a culminating event — for example, a ballroom breakfast or student assembly — so that young ladies and gentlemen may demonstrate the dances they’ve learned for their parents, teachers, and other students.
- At the end of each semester, all schools are invited to participate in the Colors of the Rainbow team match, a citywide competition that is free and open to the public.